How to setup an e-mail account in Outlook / Outlook Express
To better serve your needs, we have switched to a local mail server. Included in this upgrade is a SPAM filter, and web based access. This will allow you to access your e-mail when away from home. This upgrade requires you to reset your password and update some settings. The old e-mail server will soon be shut off, so make the change as soon as possible. Any e-mail messages left on the old server will be lost.
To access your account, and change your password, go to http://mail.sbtnet.com and follow these steps:
1. Login to your mail account by typing your e-mail address into the E-mail Address box. (see Figure1 )
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Password: johndoe Note: Your temporary password is the same as your username.
2. Once you have successfully logged in, click on the Options link, you will find it in the lower left-hand side of the screen. (see Figure2)
3. With the Personalize tab Selected type the new password in the password box and the confirm password box. (see Figure3)
4. Click the Save button at the bottom of the screen.
You have successfully changed your password, and are ready for the next step.
5. Setting up your e-mail client (such as Outlook Express or Microsoft outlook) you will need to add a new mail account with the following information:
Incoming (POP3) mail server: mail.sbtnet.com
Outgoing (SMTP) mail server: mail.sbtnet.com
Outgoing server requires authentication: enabled
To setup your account in Outlook & Outlook Express 5 & 6
1. Open Outlook or Outlook Express, click on the TOOLS menu at the top of the program window. Then slide your mouse down and click ACCOUNTS. (see Figure4)
2. A new window will appear, click on the MAIL tab across the top. On the right side click ADD, slide your mouse over and click MAIL. (see Figure5)
3. Type your name or business name in the DISPLAY name field, click NEXT. (see Figure6)
4. Type your e-mail address in the E-MAIL ADDRESS field, click NEXT. (see Figure7)
5. Make sure POP3 is selected from the dropdown list for the type of incoming mail server. (see Figure8)
6. Type mail.sbtnet.com in both incoming and outgoing server names, click NEXT. (see Figure8)
7. Type your entire e-mail address into the Username box. (see Figure9)
8. Type your password in PASSWORD box. (see Figure9)
9. Make sure the checkbox for Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) is CHECKED, click NEXT. (see Figure9)
10. Click FINISH. (see Figure10) FINISHED - Close any remaining windows.